Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Well, that was anticlimactic.

My little (big) problem has more or less resolved itself with a lovely noon phonecall. It's funny how old friendships change their shapes and how certain situations make you feel as if certain things are demanded of you when in fact, they aren't.

So to you, my first everything, I'm deeply sorry that the state won't let you get paid to student teach and that it won't give you time to work a job and actually put money in your pockets. There's always loans and such, but I know you're too sensible to do that without very careful consideration. I wish your parents would actually let you live your life and stop acting as an extension of their own, but that's out of my hands. Good luck, and maybe I'll actually be able to see you this winter. I'm bothered that I haven't seen one of the four most important friends in years because our schedules never, ever match up.

And if my mom says stupid things like, "You and Kit should start dating again," tell her that her son's a big meanie.